Friday, June 08, 2007

Happy Holidays....I think :)

So what an interesting time of year. Now remember, the point of the blog is to share with you the harrowing adventure of leading a beaded lanyard empire while raising kids ages 3, 4 and 6! this is not a BLOG for the weak of heart.....and this week is no example. We hired our new national sales manager-- we have had her in Fl getting trained on all of our products and all week have been talking to bankers who want to help us take our company to the next level-- in addition to all that, I have been working on the first grade christmas party because i am a room mother at my sons school. So one call is to a :" Joe Smith of International Financial Corp Inc" some fancy pants banker who wants to invest in our company, the next minute I am on the phone confirming with some other mother that she is going to be sending in some Snowman cups, plates and napkins for the first grade party. Sometimes my life makes me laugh out loud.
And sometimes, it makes me really want to cry. I missed my sons xmas performance this evening. It is has been a very busy time of year...Our website has been selling beaded lanyards liek crazy, and we have been working on a lot of new lanyards for spring as well as some new pink ribbon jewelry that will be great. Somehow in the rush i confused the start time of his class concert. We arrived after it was already done. He is an unbelievable person. When i tell him his mom made a really bad mistake, he tells me that everybody makes mistakes sometimes and that it is ok because i am a great mom and he is lucky to have me.
I am humbled by the words of a 6 year old. So I am yet again reminded of the most important things in life. Unconditional Love. Humility. Forgiviness. It is incredible what you contine to learn from your kids
Peace out, and happy beaded lanyard to you

No comments: